This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. SS Sun , GD Grave , RM Siervogel et al. (2007) Systolic blood pressure in childhood predicts hypertension and metabolic syndrome later in life. Pediatrics 119, 237–246.
4. SS Sun , R Liang , TT Huang et al. (2008) Childhood obesity predicts adult metabolic syndrome: the Fels Longitudinal Study. J Pediatr 152, 191–200.
5. A Must , PF Jacques , GE Dallal et al. (1992) Long-term morbidity and mortality of overweight adolescents. A follow-up of the Harvard Growth Study of 1922 to 1935. N Engl J Med 327, 1350–1355.
6. SE Anderson & RC Whitaker (2009) Prevalence of obesity among US preschool children in different racial and ethnic groups. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163, 344–348.
7. ML Fitzgibbon & M Stolley (2006) Promoting health in an unhealthful environment: lifestyle challenges for children and adolescents. J Am Diet Assoc 106, 518–522.
8. JF Sallis , PR Nader , SL Broyles et al. (1993) Correlates of physical activity at home in Mexican-American and Anglo-American preschool children. Health Psychol 12, 390–398.
9. DL Olstad & L McCargar (2009) Prevention of overweight and obesity in children under the age of 6 years. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 34, 551–570.
10. P Kratt , K Reynolds & R Shewchuk (2000) The role of availability as a moderator of family fruit and vegetable consumption. Health Educ Behav 27, 471–482.
11. HA Raynor , BA Polley , RR Wing et al. (2004) Is dietary fat intake related to liking or household availability of high- and low-fat foods? Obes Res 12, 816–823.
12. KW Cullen , T Baranowski , E Owens et al. (2003) Availability, accessibility, and preferences for fruit, 100 % fruit juice, and vegetables influence children's dietary behavior. Health Educ Behav 30, 615–626.
13. JA Fulkerson , MC Nelson , L Lytle et al. (2008) The validation of a home food inventory. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 5, 55.
14. NJ Spurrier , AA Magarey , R Golley et al. (2008) Relationships between the home environment and physical activity and dietary patterns of preschool children: a cross-sectional study. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 5, 31.
16. SA French , BH Lin & JF Guthrie (2003) National trends in soft drink consumption among children and adolescents age 6 to 17 years: prevalence, amounts, and sources, 1977/1978 to 1994/1998. J Am Diet Assoc 103, 1326–1331.
19. M Bryant & J Stevens (2006) Measurement of food availability in the home. Nutr Rev 64, 67–76.
21. T Marsh , KW Cullen & T Baranowski (2003) Validation of a fruit, juice, and vegetable availability questionnaire. J Nutr Educ Behav 35, 93–97.
22. C Miller & L Edwards (2002) Development and validation of a shelf inventory to evaluate household food purchases among older adults with diabetes mellitus. J Nutr Educ Behav 34, 261–267.
25. DS Grigsby-Toussaint , SN Zenk , A Odoms-Young et al. (2010) Availability of commonly consumed and culturally specific fruits and vegetables in African-American and Latino neighborhoods. J Am Diet Assoc 110, 746–752.
26. DJ Graham & RW Jeffery (2011) Location, location, location: eye-tracking evidence that consumers preferentially view prominently positioned nutrition information. J Am Diet Assoc 111, 1704–1711.
27. G Cowburn & L Stockley (2005) Consumer understanding and use of nutrition labelling: a systematic review. Public Health Nutr 8, 21–28.
28. DL Rosenmoller , D Gasevic , J Seidell et al. (2011) Determinants of changes in dietary patterns among Chinese immigrants: a cross-sectional analysis. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8, 42.
31. SB Jilcott , ED Wall-Bassett , SC Burke et al. (2011) Associations between food insecurity, supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP) benefits, and body mass index among adult females. J Am Diet Assoc 111, 1741–1745.
33. JA Fulkerson , MY Kubik , S Rydell et al. (2011) Focus groups with working parents of school-aged children: what's needed to improve family meals? J Nutr Educ Behav 43, 189–193.
34. JA Fulkerson , M Story , D Neumark-Sztainer et al. (2008) Family meals: perceptions of benefits and challenges among parents of 8- to 10-year-old children. J Am Diet Assoc 108, 706–709.