The Gosnell Prize
The Gosnell Prize for Excellence in Political Methodology is awarded for the best work in political methodology presented at any political science conference during the preceding year.
- Matthew Blackwell (Harvard University) View Citation
The Miller Prize
The Miller Prize for is awarded for the best work appearing in Political Analysis the preceding year.
- Joel A. Middleton (UC Berkeley), Mark A. Scott (NYU), Ronli Diakow (New York City Department of Education) and Jennifer L. Hill (NYU) for "Bias Amplification and Bias Unmasking." (Vol 24, 3: 307-323) View Citation
The John T. Williams Dissertation Prize
In recognition of John T. Williams’ contribution to graduate training, the John T. Williams Award has been established for the best dissertation proposal in the area of political methodology.
- Naoki Egami (Princeton) View Citation
The SPM Poster Award
The Society for Political Methodology Poster Award is given for the best poster presented at the annual summer Methodology Meeting of the previous year.
- Dana Higgins (Harvard) View Citation
The Political Methodology Career Achievement Award
The career achievement is the highest honor bestowed by the Society and recognizes the foundational, distinguished and sustained contributions to the field and the Society made by the recipients over their careers.
The Statistical Software Award
The Best Statistical Software Award recognizes individuals for developing statistical software that makes a significant research contribution.
- Matias D. Cattaneo (Michigan), Sebastian Calonico, (University of Miami), Max H. Farrell (Chicago), Michael Jansson (Berkeley), Xinwei Ma (Michigan), Rocio Titiunik (Michigan) and Gonzalo Vazquez-Bare (Michigan) for their work on a group of open source packages (rdrobust, rdlocrand, rddensity, rdpower) for regression discontinuity problems, written for both R and Stata. View Citation
The Political Methodology Emerging Scholar Award
The Political Methodology Emerging Scholar Award honors a young researcher, within ten years of their degree, who is making notable contributions to the field of political methodology.
- Betsy Sinclair (Washington University) View Citation
Society for Political Methodology Excellence in Mentoring Award
The Society for Political Methodology Excellence in Mentoring Award honors members of the Society who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to mentoring and advising graduate and / or undergraduate students and, in particular, those from underrepresented groups.
- R. Michael Alvarez (Cal Tech) View Citation
The Political Analysis Outstanding Reviewer Award
The Political Analysis Outstanding Reviewer Award recognizes individuals who have provided exemplary assistance to Political Analysis during the previous year. Outstanding Reviewers are those who provide excellent, timely and productive feedback for authors who have submitted manuscripts to Political Analysis. Outstanding Reviewers are also those who frequently review for the journal, and who provide the Editors with productive advice about the submissions they review.
- Anthony Fowler, University of Chicago, Harris School
- Adrienne Hosek, UC Davis