4. Marital status?
5. Highest level of education obtained?
6. Age when started using the Internet?
7. Who taught you to use the Internet?
8. Have you ever taught anyone to use the Internet? If so, whom?
9. Do you have Internet access at:
10. Where are you most likely to use the Internet?
11. Are you employed?
12. Number of hours per week you use the Internet?
13. What do you use the Internet for?
To get advice
For religious purposes
14. Has the Internet changed your life? If so, how?
15. Did you receive computer training at school, university or on the job?
16. Do you read a daily newspaper? If so, which one?
17. Are you comfortable using English?
18. Do you prefer to visit websites in Arabic or English?
19. Do your mum and/or dad use the Internet?
20. What are your favourite websites?
21. Have you ever made a friend online?
22. Were they the same gender?
23. Did you ever meet them in person?
24. Do you own a mobile phone?
25. Around how many text messages do you send per day?
Additional questions added to the Kuwait survey (2009 and 2010)
26. Do you think the Internet is having an impact on politics and society in the Arab world? Explain.
27. Do you have a Facebook page?
28. How many ‘friends’ do you have on Facebook?