Sir Herbert Richmond (1871–1946) was a prominent naval officer and historian who wrote extensively on maritime history. Originally published in 1920, this book forms the third part of Richmond's three-volume series on the role of the Navy during the War of Jenkins' Ear, a prolonged conflict between Britain and Spain that lasted from 1739 to 1748. The text offers a detailed analysis of developments and engagements in the war from approximately 1744 to 1748. Appendices and a variety of illustrative material are also provided. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in naval history and eighteenth-century history in general.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2012
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107611641
- length: 328 pages
- dimensions: 234 x 156 x 17 mm
- weight: 0.46kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Cape Breton and the Western Squadron 1746
2. Cape Breton, l'Orient and Western Squadron
3. Trade protection and attack in the West Indies, 1746–7
4. The Western Squadron, 1747
5. Concluding operations in the West Indies, 1747–8
6. The last years in the Mediterranean
7. The war in the East Indies 1744–8
8. The war in home waters and the negotiations for peace
Appendix A. Tactics
Appendix B. Colonial defence during the war 1739–48
Appendix C. A French proposal for attack on British trade
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×