- Subject(s):English Language
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Julian Pattison, Duncan Williams
- Available from: April 2020
Updated and fully aligned with the Cambridge International AS & A Level English Language 9093 syllabus for examination 2021.
Send a Query×
Build confidence and success with the only exam preparation book for Cambridge International AS & A Level English Language. Help students learn how to improve their answers and avoid common mistakes with step-by-step guides to each exam paper and examiner’s tips throughout. Guided practice will help students master the key reading, writing and analysis skills required to succeed in this course. Mark schemes and model answers are at the back of the book, giving students everything they need to revise and build their skills.
Scaffolded exam-style questions help students build confidence and develop strategies to use in the exam.
Sample answers with examiner comments help students understand what is required in each exam paper.
Exam tips from two experienced examiners help students avoid common mistakes in order to reach the top grades.
- AS Level Assessment overview 1: Paper 1 Reading
- Unit 1. What is directed response and comparative commentary?
- Unit 2. Exam preparation: Paper 1, Question 1
- Unit 3. Test yourself
- Unit 4. What is text analysis?
- Unit 5. Exam preparation: Paper 1, Question 2
- Unit 6. Test yourself
- AS Level Assessment overview 2: Paper 2 Writing
- Unit 7. What is shorter writing and reflective commentary?
- Unit 8. Exam preparation: Paper 2, Section A
- Unit 9. Test yourself
- Unit 10. What is extended response?
- Unit 11. Exam preparation: Paper 2, Section B
- Unit 12. Test yourself
- A Level Assessment overview 1: Paper 3 Language Analysis
- Unit 13. What is language change?
- Unit 14 Exam preparation: Paper 3, Section A
- Unit 15. Test yourself
- Unit 16. What is child language acquisition?
- Unit 17. Exam preparation: Paper 3, Section B
- Unit 18. Test yourself
- A Level Assessment overview 2: Paper 4 Language topics
- Unit 19. What is English in the World?
- Unit 20. Exam preparation: Paper 4, Section A
- Unit 21. Test yourself
- Unit 22. What is Language and the Self?
- Unit 23. Exam preparation: Paper 4, Section B
- Unit 24. Test yourself
- Practice paper 1 and 2: AS Level
- Practice paper 3 and 4: A Level
- Assessment guidance
- Model answers to Test Yourself questions
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×