- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Hugh Neill, Douglas Quadling, Julian Gilbey
- Available from: No date available
Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics is a revised series to ensure full syllabus coverage.
Send a Query×
This coursebook has been revised and updated to ensure that it meets the requirements for the Pure Mathematics 2 and 3 (P2 and P3) units of Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics (9709). Additional materials have been added to sections on logarithmic and exponential functions, the derivative of tan x and vectors. All of the review questions have been updated to reflect changes in the style of questions asked in the course.
Reviewed and revised content to ensure most up-to-date syllabus coverage.
Full endorsement from Cambridge International Examinations.
Fully updated review questions to better reflect the type of questioning in the AS and A Level Mathematics qualification.
Redesigned materials to keep content engaging.
Learning objectives at the start of each chapter.
Clear, narrative explanation of mathematical concepts, terminology and notation, with results and procedures appearing in boxes for easy reference.
Stimulating worked examples that take a step-by-step approach to problem solving.
Revision exercises and practice exam papers are featured throughout.
- 1. Polynomials
- 2. The modulus function
- 3. Exponential and logarithmic functions
- 4. Differentiating exponentials and logarithms
- 5. Trigonometry
- 6. Differentiating trigonometric functions
- Revision exercise 1
- 7. Differentiating products
- 8. Solving equations numerically
- 9. The trapezium rule
- 10. Parametric equations
- 11. Curves defined implicitly
- Revision exercise 2
- Practice exam-style papers for P2
- 12. Vectors: lines in two and three dimensions
- 13. Vectors: planes in three dimensions
- 14. The binomial expansion
- 15. Rational functions
- 16. Complex numbers
- 17. Complex numbers in polar form
- 18. Integration
- 19. Differential equations
- Revision exercise 3
- Practice exam-style papers for P3
Latest newsAll news
18 April 2019
Tips for developing students as independent learners
Marilyn Rankin, one of the authors of English Language for Cambridge International AS & A...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×