Out of Print
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available on inspection
Optimal control of fluid dynamics is of fundamental importance in aero/hydrodynamic vehicles, combustion control in engines, fire suppression, magnetic fusion, and ocean and atmospheric prediction. This book provides a well-crystalized theory and computational methods for this new field. It is the first and only book to provide a focused presentation of the issues concerning feedback control in viscous hydrodynamics. Engineers, physicists, and mathematicians working in the aforementioned fields will be interested in this book.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 1998
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780898714067
- length: 210 pages
- dimensions: 255 x 176 x 14 mm
- weight: 0.392kg
- availability: Unavailable - out of print November 2013
Table of Contents
1. An introduction to deterministic and stochastic control of viscous flow, S. S. Sritharan
2. Optimal control problems for a class of nonlinear equations with an application to control of fluids Max D. Gunzburger, L. Steven Hou and Thomas Svobodny
3. Feedback control of time dependent stokes flows V. Barbu
4. An optimal control problem governed by the evolution Navier-Stokes equations E. Casas
5. Optimal control of turbulent flows Frédéric Abergal and Roger Temam
6. Optimal control problems for Navier-Stokes system with distributed control function A. V. Fursikov
7. Design of feedback compensators for viscous flow Y. R. Ou
8. Numerical approximation of optimal flow control problems by SQP method S. S. Ravindran.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×