- Subject(s):English as a Second Language
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Peter Lucantoni
- Available from: January 2015
Introduction to English as a Second language is a course to prepare students studying for Cambridge IGCSE® or equivalent level. Presented in a colourful design and offering clear, practical support for students it follows a variety of interesting themes and topics, with a focus on skills development in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Each of the 18 units provides opportunities for thinking and discussion, along with developing research and study skills. An audio CD is included for use with the listening activities.
Send a Query×
Introduction to English as a Second Language Teacher’s Book is part of the series of resources which bring students to a level where they are ready to study Cambridge IGCSE® or equivalent courses and accompanies the Introduction to English as a Second Language Coursebook and Workbook. The series is written by an experienced ESL teacher and trainer, and includes answers to all of the exercises in the Coursebook and Workbook. This book features Top Tips to help teachers with the course and Differentiated Activities to stretch able students while supporting those that need more help.
Detailed answers to all of the exercises in the Coursebook and Workbook.
Advice and Top Tips to help teachers with the course.
Differentiated Activities to stretch the more able students while supporting those that need more help.
Language Tips to help teachers to focus the lessons on the vital language skills needed to succeed in the course.
Audioscripts for the listening exercises in the Coursebook are provided.
This Teacher’s Book accompanies the Introduction to English as a Second Language Coursebook and Workbook.
- Unit 1. How many planets are there in space?
- Unit 2. What's a living creature?
- Unit 3. What's a hurricane?
- Unit 4. Are there any monsters in the ocean?
- Unit 5. What's an ecosystem?
- Unit 6. Can bees scare elephants?
- Unit 7. Can penguins see under water?
- Unit 8. How hot are chilli peppers?
- Unit 9. Who was Ibn Battuta?
- Unit 10. What's the best job for a teenager?
- Unit 11. Who are the Maasai?
- Unit 12. What does a triathlete do?
- Unit 13. How much water do you use?
- Unit 14. How important is oil?
- Unit 15. How do you say 'bridge' in your language?
- Unit 16. Where are the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
- Unit 17. What impact does fashion have on teenagers?
- Unit 18. What does that sign mean?
Found 1 results
- File name
- File size
- Zip Archive
Latest newsAll news
06 December 2019
The Latin of 'the man on the street': exploring unfiltered Latin through Roman graffiti
How can your students can get an insight into pure, unfiltered Latin through ancient Roman...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×