Chinese folk arts originate in the rural areas of China's vast territory. As forms of communal art, folk arts are evident in everyday food, clothing and shelter, in traditional festivals, ceremonies and rituals, and in beliefs and taboos. As a living example of cultural heritage, folk art demonstrates the continuity of Chinese culture from ancient to modern times, a culture with distinctive national and regional characteristics and a history of some 8,000 years. Chinese Folk Arts provides an illustrated introduction to the history and development of this colourful part of China's unique artistic culture.Read more
- An accessible introduction to China's colourful, diverse artistic heritage from ancient to modern times
- Written by a Chinese expert whose work is not widely available outside of China
- Full colour illustrations support the discussion throughout
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: August 2011
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521186582
- length: 152 pages
- dimensions: 230 x 156 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.28kg
- contains: 145 colour illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Six characteristics of Chinese folk art
2. The core of Chinese folk art
3. The social context of Chinese folk art
4. The structure of Chinese folk art
5. The creators of Chinese folk art
Examples of works of Chinese folk art
Appendix: chronological table of the Chinese dynasties.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×