Alicyclic chemistry is a fundamentally important area of chemistry. It exemplifies the concepts of bonded and non-bonded interactions of atoms, and the ideas of molecular strain and their impact on the stability and reactivity of a range of molecular types. This book aims to present the experimental basis for these concepts. A survey of alicyclic chemistry must, however, also discuss the more important groups of natural products based on alicyclic structure and methods for their synthesis. In this second edition, first published in 1983, the coverage was extended to include examples of terpenes, sterols, prostaglandins and macrocycles. A discussion of spiro-compounds was also added. The book will be of use to advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students of organic chemistry and their teachers.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: August 1983
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521283915
- length: 236 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 14 mm
- weight: 0.35kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
Preface to the first edition
Preface to the second edition
1. Cycloalkanes, cycloalkenes and cycloalkynes
2. The conformations of rings
3. The influence of ring size on the reactivity of substituent groups
4. Cyclisation, cycloaddition and electrocyclic reactions
5. The chemistry of small rings
6. Cyclopentane, cyclohexane and cycloheptane derivatives
7. Medium-sized and larger rings
8. Spirans, bridged rings, fused small rings and cage molecules
9. Decalins, hydrindanes and related fused ring systems
Appendix. Physical properties of some alicyclic substances
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×