The concept of open innovation (OI) has become a very popular topic during the last decade, with an increasing number of small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) embracing OI practices to gain competitive advantage. With the majority of publications focusing on large firms, open innovation in SMEs has received scant attention from both scholars and practitioners. This book seeks to correct this imbalance by providing an in-depth study for both business managers and graduate-level students. Using rich, in-depth case studies from successful companies, it examines different approaches to managing OI in order to develop practical guidelines for implementation. It also highlights important differences between OI strategies in SMEs and large companies. Its findings will be of use to those studying or working in innovation management, open innovation, small business management and entrepreneurship.Read more
- The first book on open innovation management in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) specifically designed and written for SME managers
- Makes use of in-depth case studies and success stories from SME managers as well as external electronic resources
- Studies the role of open innovation as part of the firm's wider strategy
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 2017
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107421332
- length: 250 pages
- dimensions: 162 x 228 x 18 mm
- weight: 0.37kg
- contains: 18 b/w illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Open innovation in SMEs
2. Business model innovation in SMEs
3. A dynamic view of model innovation
4. How SMEs create and capture value through open innovation
5. Managing innovation networks
6. How can startups collaborate with large companies?
7. Two examples of how SMEs collaborate with large companies
8. Working effectively with innomediaries
9. Epilogue. How to apply open innovation in your company?
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×