This book presents an account of several conjectures arising in commutative algebra from the pioneering work of Serre and Auslander-Buchsbaum. The approach is via Hochster's 'Big Cohen-Macaulay modules', though the complementary view point of Peskine-Szpiro and Roberts, who study the homology of certain complexes, is not neglected. Various refinements of Hochster's construction, obtained in collaboration with Bartijn, are included. A special feature is a long chapter written by Van den Dries which explains how a certain type of result can be 'lifted' from prime characteristic to characteristic zero. Though this is primarily a research monograph, it does provide introductions to most of the topics treated. Non-experts may therefore find it an appealing guide into an active area of algebra.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: September 1990
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521315265
- length: 324 pages
- dimensions: 228 x 152 x 20 mm
- weight: 0.455kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Homological preliminaries
2. Adic topologies and completions
3. Injective envelopes and minimal injective resolutions
4. Local cohomology and koszul complexes
5. (Pre-) Regular sequences and depth
6. Exactness of complexes and linear equations over rings
7. Comparing homological invariants
9. Cohen-Macauley modules and regular rings
10. Gorenstein rings, local duality, and the direct summand conjecture
11. Frobenius and big Cohen-Macauley modules
12. Big Cohen-Macaulay modules in equal charecteristic 0
13. Uses of big Cohen-Maculay Modules.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×