This book provides an introduction to the field of linear algebraic monoids. This subject represents a synthesis of ideas from the theory of algebraic groups, algebraic geometry, matrix theory and abstract semigroup theory. Since every representation of an algebraic group gives rise to an algebraic monoid, the objects of study do indeed arise naturally.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: August 1988
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521358095
- length: 184 pages
- dimensions: 228 x 152 x 14 mm
- weight: 0.292kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Abstract Semigroups
2. Algebraic Geometry
3. Linear Algebraic Semigroups
4. Linear Algebraic Groups
5. Connected Algebraic Semigroups
6. Connected Algebraic Monoids
7. Reductive Groups and Regular Semigroups
8. Diagonal Monoids
9. Cross-section Lattices
11. Renner's Decomposition and Related Finite Semigroups
12. Biordered Sets
13. Tits Building
14. The System of Idempotents
15. J-irreducible and J co-reducible Monoids
16. Renner's Extension Principle and Classification.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×