The main aim of this book is to introduce the reader to the concept of comparison algebra, defined as a type of C*-algebra of singular integral operators. The first part of the book develops the necessary elements of the spectral theory of differential operators as well as the basic properties of elliptic second order differential operators. The author then introduces comparison algebras and describes their theory in L2-spaces and L2-Soboler spaces, and in particular their importance in solving functional analytic problems involving differential operators. The book is based on lectures given in Sweden and the USA.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 1987
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521284431
- length: 356 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 20 mm
- weight: 0.52kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Abstract spectral theory in Hilbert spaces
2. Spectral theory of differential operators
3. Second order elliptic expressions on manifolds
4. Essential self-adjointness of the Minimal Operator
5. C -Comparison algebras
6. Minimal comparison algebra and wave front space
7. The secondary symbol space
8. Comparison algebras with non-compact commutators
9. Hs-Algebras: higher order operators within reach
10. Fredholm theory in comparison algebras
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×