Originally published in 1924, this book presents an account regarding the direct numerical calculation of elliptic functions and integrals. Notes are incorporated and an appendix section containing examples is also included. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in the history of mathematics.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2016
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781316612729
- length: 52 pages
- dimensions: 204 x 134 x 4 mm
- weight: 0.08kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Historical note on Landen's transformation and the various scales of moduli and amplitudes
3. On the scale of arithmetico-geometrical means
4. Landen's scale of increasing amplitudes
5. The hyperbolic scale of increasing amplitudes
6. Gauss' scale of increasing amplitudes
7. Landen's scale of decreasing amplitudes
8. The hyperbolic scale of decreasing amplitudes
9. On the numerical computation of the third elliptic integral
10. Note on the calculation of the third elliptic integral in terms of the complementary A. G. M. scale
Summary of formulae
Appendix. Examples 1-35.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×