First published in 1914, as the second edition of a 1909 original, this book forms number ten in the Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics series. It was written to provide readers with 'the main portions of the theory of integral equations in a readable and, at the same time, accurate form, following roughly the lines of historical development'. Textual notes are incorporated throughout. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in integral equations and the history of mathematics.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2015
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107493490
- length: 80 pages
- dimensions: 220 x 140 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.12kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Some preliminary propositions and definitions
2. Abel's mechanical problem
3. Solution of Abel's equation
4. Liouville's introduction of integral equations of the second kind
5. The method of successive substitutions
6. Voltera's treatment of equations of the second kind. Iterated and reciprocal functions
7. Linear equations with an infinite number of variables
8. Fredholm's solution
9. The integral equation with a parameter
10. The fundamental theorem concerning homogeneous integral equations, with some applications
11. Symmetric kernels
12. Orthogonal functions
13. The integral equation of the first kind whose kernel is finite
14. Equations of the first kind whose kernel or whose interval is not finite
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×