Other available formats:
Request inspection copy
Lecturers may request a copy of this title for inspection
A practical and authoritative guide to conducting focus group discussions in health and social science research, with particular emphasis on using focus groups in developing country settings. Monique M. Hennink describes the procedures and challenges of each stage of international focus group research. This book demonstrates how to balance scientific rigour with the challenges of the research context, and guides readers to make informed research decisions. It includes unique field perspectives and case study examples of research in practice. Topics covered include: planning international field research; developing a fieldwork timetable and budget; seeking research permissions; translating research instruments; training a field team; developing a culturally appropriate discussion guide; participant recruitment strategies; conducting focus groups in another language; managing discussions in outdoor locations; group size and composition issues; transcription and translation of the group discussions; data analysis and reporting focus group research.Read more
- Focuses on developing country settings
- Features text boxes and end of chapter summaries and key terms, allowing readers to gain a quick overview of important issues
- Uses case study examples of actual field experience in various study settings
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: October 2007
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521845618
- length: 280 pages
- dimensions: 255 x 180 x 22 mm
- weight: 0.707kg
- contains: 62 b/w illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Planning international focus group research
3. Preparing the discussion guide
4. Training the focus group team
5. Participant recruitment
6. Group composition
7. Number of groups and group size
8. Group location
9. Conducting the group discussion
10. Recording the focus group discussion
11. Data preparation and analysis
12. Reporting focus group research.
Instructors have used or reviewed this title for the following courses
- Issues in Educational Leadership
- Marketing Research
- Qualitiative Research Methods
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×