The subject of this book lies on the boundary between probability theory and the theory of function spaces. Here Professor Braverman investigates independent random variables in rearrangement invariant (r.i.) spaces. The significant feature of r.i. spaces is that the norm of an element depends on its distribution only, and this property allows the results and methods associated with r.i. spaces to be applied to problems in probability theory. On the other hand, probabilistic methods can also prove useful in the study of r.i. spaces. In this book new techniques are used and a number of interesting results are given. Most of the results are due to the author but have never before been available in English. Here they are all presented together in a volume that will be essential reading for all serious researchers in this area.Read more
- Work that has been unknown in the west
- Braverman is top figure in this area
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: October 1994
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521455152
- length: 128 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 8 mm
- weight: 0.2kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Inequalities for sums of independent random variables in rearrangement invariant spaces
3. Linear combinations of independent random variables in rearrangement invariant spaces
4. Complementibility of subspaces generated in rearrangement invariant spaces
5. Independent random variables in rerrangement invariant spaces.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×