- Qualification:Cambridge Primary
- Author(s):Cherri Moseley, Janet Rees
- Available from: May 2014
This series is endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations and is part of Cambridge Maths.
Send a Query×
Children will enjoy learning mathematics with this fun and attractive learner's book for stage 1. A variety of questions, activities, investigations and games that are designed to reinforce the concepts learnt in the core activities in the teacher’s guide and address misconceptions are included along with hints and tips. Clear, often pictorial, explanation of mathematical vocabulary will help children learn new terms whether they are native English speakers or second language speakers and great care has been made to ensure language is accessible.
Hints and tips provide further guidance and advice.
Fun and engaging activities, questions, investigations and games.
Links directly to the activities in the teacher's resource.
With non-native speakers in mind, great care has been made to ensure language is accessible and vocabulary is defined visually.
- 1. Numbers and the number system: counting
- 2. Addition and subtraction: playing with 10
- 3. Measures: length
- 4. Addition and subtraction: beyond 10
- 5. Numbers and the number system: estimating
- 6. Shapes and geometric reasoning: introducing 2D, 3D and patterns
- 7. Addition and subtraction: beyond 20
- 8. Measures: measuring and estimating capacity (1)
- 9. Measures: money, time and data
- 10. Measures: comparing weight
- 11. Numbers and the number system: odd and even numbers
- 12. Numbers and the number system: ordering numbers (1)
- 13. Addition and subtraction: combine and take away
- 14. Numbers and the number system: ordering numbers (2)
- 15. Measures: money
- 16. Measures: ordering (length and weight)
- 17. Measures: measuring and estimating capacity (2)
- 18. Measures: minutes, days and months
- 19. Organising, categorising and representing data (1)
- 20. Number and the number system: counting in tens
- 21. Addition and subtraction: number lines, counting on and counting back
- 22. Multiplication and division: doubles and halves
- 23. Addition and subtraction: number patterns
- 24. Measures: money
- 25. Measures: comparing (length and weight)
- 26. Measures: further estimating and comparing of capacity
- 27. Measures: telling the time and months of the year
- 28. Organising, categorising and representing data (2).
Latest newsAll news
02 July 2019
What is assessment for learning and what are the benefits?
Have you heard a lot about AfL but don't completely understand it? You're not alone!
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×