Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
This book provides a guide to China's rich and varied museum collections, illustrated with rare images from the collections themselves. A great number of exquisite objects and artifacts have been preserved on China's vast territory, many of which are now displayed as museum exhibits. These cultural relics provide a crucial supplement to documentary sources, enriching our understanding of China's long history. The sixty-one museums selected for this book include both famous collections that are featured in the UNESCO list of World Cultural Heritage Sites, and others that are less familiar to Western eyes. China's Museums will inspire future visitors and those with an interest in Chinese history.Read more
- A comprehensive guide to sixty-one of China's most celebrated, and less well known, museum collections
- Written by two leading Chinese experts whose work is not widely available in the West
- Full colour illustrations support the discussion throughout
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: March 2011
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521186902
- length: 218 pages
- dimensions: 230 x 156 x 12 mm
- weight: 0.39kg
- contains: 265 colour illus. 1 map
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. National treasures
2. The contributions of China's ethnic minorities
3. Tracing the path of history
4. Treasures of China's grottoes
5. Subterranean imperial palaces
6. Hua-xia civilization
7. Assembly of talents: arts and literature
8. Gardens and architectural monuments
9. The homes of our forebears: archaeology
10. Marvels of heaven and earth: natural history
Appendix: chronological table of the Chinese dynasties.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×