Logic in Tehran
$98.00 ( ) USD
Part of Lecture Notes in Logic
- Ali Enayat, American University, Washington DC
- Iraj Kalantari, Western Illinois University
- Mojtaba Moniri, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Since their inception, the Perspectives in Logic and Lecture Notes in Logic series have published seminal works by leading logicians. Many of the original books in the series have been unavailable for years, but they are now in print once again. This volume, the twenty-sixth publication in the Lecture Notes in Logic series, contains the proceedings of the 'Workshop and Conference on Logic, Algebra and Arithmetic' held at the Institute for Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics (IPM) in Tehran, Iran in October, 2003. These papers are mostly revised and expanded versions of those that were originally presented at the meeting and address all areas of mathematical logic. The book also includes a short history of mathematical logic in Iran.Read more
- Consists of revised and expanded versions of the papers presented at the Tehran conference in 2003
- Includes a short history of mathematical logic in Iran
- Of interest to all students and researchers in mathematical logic
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 2020
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108670005
- contains: 2 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Workshop and conference on logic, algebra and arithmetic: Tehran. October 18–22, 2003
1. Mathematical logic in Iran: a perspective Mohammad-Javad A. Larijani
2. Real closed fields and IP-sensitivity Seyed Masih Iyat and Mojtaba Moniri
3. Categoricity and quantifier elimination for intuitionistic theories Seyed Mohammad Bagheri
4. Primes and irreducibles in truncation integer parts of real closed fields Darko Biljakovic, Mikhail Kochetov and Salma Kuhlmann
5. On explicit definability in arithmetic Lou van den Dries
6. From bounded arithmetic to second order arithmetic via automorphisms Ali Enayat
7. Local-global principles and approximation theorems Yuri L. Ershov
8. Beatty sequences and the arithmetical hierarchy Mehdi Ghasemi and Mojtaba Moniri
9. Specker's theorem, cluster points, and computable quantum functions Iraj Kalantari and Larry Welch
10. Additive polynomials and their role in the model theory of valued fields Franz-Viktor Kuhlmann
11. Dense subfields of henselian fields, and integer parts Franz-Viktor Kuhlmann
12. A recursive nonstandard model for open induction with GCD property and cofinal primes Shahram Mohsenipour
13. Model theory of bounded arithmetic with applications to independence results Morteza Moniri
14. Ibn-Sina's anticipation of the formulas of Buridan and Barcan Zia Movahed
15. Remarks on algebraic D-varieties and the model theory of differential fields Anand Pillay
16. A simple positive Robinson theory with LSPT =/= SPT Massoud Pourmahdian and Frank Wagner
17. Categories of theories and interpretations Albert Visser.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×