- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Allan Todd
- Available from: October 2015
Comprehensive second editions of History for the IB Diploma Paper 1, revised for first teaching in 2015.
Send a Query×
This coursebook covers Paper 1, Prescribed Subject 3: The Move to Global War of the History for the International Baccalaureate Diploma syllabus for first assessment in 2017. Tailored to the requirements of the IB syllabus and written by experienced IB History examiners and teachers, it offers authoritative and engaging guidance through the following two case studies: Japanese expansion in East Asia (1931-1941) and German and Italian expansion (1933-1940).
Authoritative and comprehensive text, written by experienced IB History examiners, covering one topic per title, to help students adopt an investigative and thorough approach to their study.
Written by an experienced examiner.
Opportunities for balanced historical debate to inspire engagement with multiple historical perspectives and interpretations.
Definitions of key historical terms displayed alongside relevant text to aid accessibility and support EAL learners.
Key Concept links to highlight how the 6 new key concepts can be integrated into the course.
- 1. Introduction
- Case Study 1. Japanese expansionism in East Asia, 1931-41: 2. Causes of Japanese expansion
- 3. Japan's actions
- 4. International responses to Japanese expansion
- Case Study 2. German and Italian expansionism, 1933-39: 5. Causes of German and Italian expansion
- 6. Germany and Italy's actions
- 7. International responses to German and Italian expansion
- 8. The final steps to Global War, 1939-41
- 9. Exam practice
- Further Information
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×