- Author(s):Peter Neville
- Available from: June 1999
An engaging range of period texts and theme books for AS and A Level history.
Send a Query×
The mass murder of European Jews by the Nazis, stands out as one of the most horrific events of the twentieth century. Peter Neville surveys the history of anti-Semitism in Europe and examines the influence of anti-Semitic ideas on the Nazi Party. The author explores the tensions between the extermination programme and the German war economy; the development of the Jewish resistance; and the response of the Allies to the Holocaust. The final chapters consider of the Holocaust denial and assess the legacy of the Holocaust to the modern world. The Holocaust contains a selection of primary and secondary sources.
The AS textbooks are ideal for students who have never studied the history of these periods before. they provide detailed background information on the period studied, and include notes explaining key terms, lists of significant dates, and focus questions to consolidate learning.
All of the AS titles have been endorsed by OCR for use with their AS specification for history, and several of the titles will also be appropriate for Edexcel and AQA study units.
Many of the books include a seperate document section, where students can study and evaluate a range of source material.
Shorter themed books explore particular topics in greater depth. The topics examined can be linked with the period covering foundation texts, providing students and teachers with flexibillity in structuring A Level courses.
- 1. Historic anti-semitism in Europe
- 2. The roots of anti-semitism in Germany
- 3. Anti-semitism and the mind of Adolf Hitler
- 4. Anti-semitism as part of the Nazi party programme
- 5. The coming of the Holocaust 1938-41
- 6. The killing machine 1942-45
- 7. The Jewish resistance divisions in Jewish society between resisters and accommodators
- 8. The response of the democracies to persecution of the Jews and the Holocaust. 9. Holocaust denial
- 10. The legacy of the Holocaust in the modern world.
Latest newsAll news
21 October 2019
Storyboarding in the Latin Classroom
Do you have budding filmmakers in your Latin class? David Frauenfelder talks on the blog...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×