- Format:Mixed media product
- Subject(s):Business Studies
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Peter Stimpson, Alistair Farquharson
- Available from: October 2014
This revised set of resources for Cambridge International AS and A Level Business syllabus (9609) is thoroughly updated for the latest version of the curriculum.
Send a Query×
Written by experienced authors, the Coursebook provides comprehensive coverage of the syllabus. Accessible language combined with the clear, visually-stimulating layout makes this an ideal resource for the course. Questions and explanation of key terms reinforce knowledge; different kinds of activities build application, analytical and evaluation skills; and case studies contextualise the content making it relevant to international learners. It provides thorough examination support for all papers with exam-style questions with each chapter and an extensive Paper 3 style case study with each unit. The student CD-ROM contains revision aids, further questions and activities. A Teacher's CD-ROM is also available.
Objectives set out the aims for each chapter.
Key definitions enhance understanding of the concepts.
Questions within each chapter help with practice and aid self assessment.
Activities build key skills required by the assessment objectives - application, analysis and evaluation.
Key concept feature integrates this new syllabus element with the text and highlights the links between different topics.
Top tips offer handy advice, dos and don’ts and point out common errors.
Case studies from around the world put the subject in the context of real business situations.
Summary points at the end of each chapter consolidate learning.
Exemplar examination questions help in familiarising with the style of questions encountered in exams, and assess understanding and skills to handle them.
Extensive case study at the end of each unit offer thorough support for Paper 3 style questions.
- Unit 1. Business and its Environment: 1. Enterprise
- 2. Business structure
- 3. Size of business
- 4. Business objectives
- 5. Stakeholders in a business
- 6. Business structure (A Level)
- 7. Size of business (A Level)
- 8. External influences on business activity (A Level)
- 9. External economic influences on business behaviour (A Level)
- Unit 2. People in Organisations: 10. Management and leadership
- 11. Motivation
- 12. Human resource management (HRM)
- 13. Further Human resource management (HRM) (A Level)
- 14. Organisation structure (A Level)
- 15. Business communication (A Level)
- Unit 3. Marketing: 16. What is marketing?
- 17. Market research
- 18. The marketing mix – product and price
- 19. The marketing mix – promotion and place
- 20. Marketing planning (A Level)
- 21. Globalisation and international marketing (A Level)
- Unit 4. Operations and Project Management: 22. The nature of operations
- 23. Operations planning
- 24. Inventory management
- 25. Capacity utilisation (A Level)
- 26. Lean production and quality management (A Level)
- 27. Project management (A Level)
- Unit 5. Finance and Accounting: 28. Business finance
- 29. Costs
- 30. Accounting fundamentals
- 31. Forecasting and managing cash flows
- 32. Costs (A Level)
- 33. Budgets (A Level)
- 34. Contents of published accounts (A Level)
- 35. Analysis of published accounts (A Level)
- 36. Investment appraisal (A Level)
- Unit 6. Strategic Management: 37. What is strategic management? (A Level)
- 38. Strategic analysis (A Level)
- 39. Strategic choice (A Level)
- 40. Strategic implementation (A Level)
- Unit 7: 41. Preparing for your examinations (A Level)
Helen Coupland-Smith has over 20 years’ experience in teaching Economics, Business Studies and ICT to A-Level standard. She is an experienced examiner, a highly experienced teacher trainer and conference speaker. In 2008 Helen gave up her full time teaching job to set up her own business; however, she has continued to work closely with teachers and students, in particular specialising in helping students improve their exam technique and leading innovative teacher training courses.
Alastair Farquharson has been an A-level Business Studies and Economics teacher for over 20 years. He is an experienced examiner and he also has experience of providing training for teachers overseas in A-level syllabus development, teaching methods and examinations skills.
Peter Stimpson has over 30 years' experience in teaching Business Studies and Economics. He has been an examiner and also trains international teachers. He is the author of numerous Business and Management textbooks.
Found 1 results
- File name
- File size
Latest newsAll news
06 December 2019
The Latin of 'the man on the street': exploring unfiltered Latin through Roman graffiti
How can your students can get an insight into pure, unfiltered Latin through ancient Roman...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×