- Author(s):Andrew Pickering
- Available from: August 2000
An engaging range of period texts and theme books for AS and A Level history.
Send a Query×
The Wars of the Roses and the struggle for the throne between the Houses of York and Lancaster dominate the history of England in the latter half of the fifteenth century. But what were the causes of over forty years of sporadic civil war and how was political stability at last restored? Andrew Pickering aanalyses the historical debates surrounding the characters and events. Topics include fifteenth-century kingship and the reign of Henry VI, the end of the Yorkists, Henry VII and the establishment of the Tudor dynasty, and social and economic change in the late fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries.
The AS textbooks are ideal for students who have never studied the history of these periods before. they provide detailed background information on the period studied, and include notes explaining key terms, lists of significant dates, and focus questions to consolidate learning.
All of the AS titles have been endorsed by OCR for use with their AS specification for history, and several of the titles will also be appropriate for Edexcel and AQA study units.
Many of the books include a seperate document section, where students can study and evaluate a range of source material.
Shorter themed books explore particular topics in greater depth. The topics examined can be linked with the period covering foundation texts, providing students and teachers with flexibillity in structuring A Level courses.
- 1. Fifteenth century kingship and the reign of Henry VI
- 2. The Wars of the Roses and the first reign of Edward IV
- 3. The end of the Yorkists, 1471-1485
- 4. Henry VII and the establishment of the Tudor dynasty
- 5. Henry VII and the government of England
- 6. Social and economic change in the late fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries
- Document study:Wars of the Roses 1450-1485
- Select bibliography
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×