This book develops the subject of matrices with special reference to differential equations and classical mechanics. It is intended to bring to the student of applied mathematics, with no previous knowledge of matrices, an appreciation of their conciseness, power and convenience in computation. Worked numerical examples, many of which are taken from aerodynamics, are included.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 1938
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521091558
- length: 436 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 140 x 25 mm
- weight: 0.55kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Fudamental Definitions and Elementary Properties
2. Powers of Matrices, Series, and Infintesimal Calculus
3. Lambda-Matrices and Canonical Forms
4. Miscellaneous Numerical Methods
5. Linear Ordinary Differential Equations with Constant Coefficients
6. Linear Ordinary Differential Equations with Constant Coefficeints (continued)
7.Numerical Solutions of Linear Ordinary Differential Equations with Variable Coefficients
8. Kinematics and Dynamics of Systems
9. Systems with Linear Dynamical Equations
10. Iterative Numerical Solutions of Linear Dynamical Problems
11. Dynamical Systems with Solid Friction
12. Illustrative Applications of Friction Theory to Flutter Problems
13. Pitching Oscillations of a Fractionally Constrained Aerofoil
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×