- English Language Learning
- Teacher Training, Development and Research
- Memory Activities for Language Learning
Memory Activities for Language Learning
0 CD-ROM, 0 Paperback
Alongside listening, speaking, reading and writing, memory underpins every aspect of successful language learning. Memory Activities for Language Learning explores the cognitive processes of memory and provides a bank of activities to facilitate their development. This book will help teachers discover what makes language memorable, as well as how to optimize learners' language memory by engaging and developing their abilities to recognize, notice, store, retrieve and reactivate language. Recent developments in psycholinguistics and corpus linguistics, including a renewed focus on the importance of acquiring a critical mass of lexis and phraseology as soon as possible, have made this practical advice even more critical. Photocopiable material for use in the classroom can be printed out from the accompanying CD-ROM.
- An essential handbook for practising teachers worldwide that offers an understanding of how to train memory.
- Contains a wide range of motivating and dynamic techniques and strategies for remembering language.
- Offers easy-to-use activities requiring little or no preparation, which focus on different memory processes.
- Suitable for novice and experienced teachers in both EFL and ESL contexts.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
The CELTA Course
The preparation course for the Cambridge ESOL teacher training exam, the Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), the most popular teacher training qualification.Authors: Scott Thornbury, Peter WatkinsEnglish Type: British English
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×