- Subject(s):Computer Science
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Sylvia Langfield, Dave Duddell
- Available from: April 2019
This series is for the Cambridge International AS & A Level Computer Science syllabus (9618) for examination from 2021.
Send a Query×
Developed by an experienced author and examiner team and written for the international learner, this coursebook provides students with a structured and progressive guide to the theoretical and practical skills required by the syllabus. With an emphasis on developing computational skills, this resource helps build students’ confidence in using a range of technology and programming languages. Detailed descriptions of concepts are reinforced with exercises, discussion points, and reflection questions with exam-style and past paper questions. Answers are found within the teacher's resource.
Written specifically for the international learner with clear explanations of concepts and associated key terms.
Examples given in the three accepted programming languages (Microsoft Visual Basic, Python and Java) provide students with the opportunity to code with their preferred language.
The Discussion Point feature encourages deeper understanding through articulating and reasoning concepts with peers.
There is a wealth of opportunities to practise and consolidate skills through tasks, extension questions, and exam-style and past paper questions
- Part 1: 1. Information representation
- 2. Communication
- 3. Hardware
- 4. Processor fundamentals
- 5. System software
- 6. Security, privacy and data integrity
- 7. Ethics and ownership
- 8. Databases
- Part 2: 9. Algorithm design and problem-solving
- 10. Data types and structures
- 11. Programming
- 12. Software development
- Part 3: 13. Data representation
- 14. Communication and Internet technologies
- 15. Hardware and virtual machines
- 16. System software
- 17. Security
- 18. Artificial intelligence
- Part 4: 19. Computational thinking and problem solving
- 20. Further programming.
Latest newsAll news
29 August 2019
Unlocking science for English language learners, part three
Top tips to help your learners improve their scientific vocabulary.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×