- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Allan Todd, Sally Waller
- Available from: October 2015
Comprehensive second editions of History for the IB Diploma Paper 2, revised for first teaching in 2015.
Send a Query×
This coursebook covers Paper 2, World History Topic 10: Authoritarian States (20th century) of the History for the IB Diploma syllabus for first assessment in 2017. Tailored to the requirements of the IB syllabus and written by experienced IB History examiners and teachers, it offers authoritative and engaging guidance through the following detailed studies from around the world: Mussolini and Italy, Hitler and Germany, Mao and China, and Castro and Cuba.
Authoritative and comprehensive text, written by experienced IB History examiners, covering one topic per title, to help students adopt an investigative and thorough approach to their study.
Structured to cover one topic per title to help students adopt an investigative and thorough approach to their study.
Detailed studies from around the world are included for centres to choose from according to their interests, helping students make comparisons between two different regions.
Activities throughout the chapters encourage an exploratory and inquiring approach to historical learning.
Opportunities for balanced historical debate to inspire engagement with multiple historical perspectives and interpretations.
Definitions of key historical terms displayed alongside relevant text to aid accessibility and support EAL learners.
Key Concept links to highlight how the 6 new key concepts can be integrated into the course.
- 1. Introduction
- Unit 2. Mussolini and Italy: 2. Emergence of an authoritarian state in Italy
- 3. Consolidating and maintaining power
- 4. Fascist policies and their impact
- Unit 3. Hitler and Nazi Germany: 5. Emergence of an authoritarian state in Germany
- 6. Consolidating and maintaining power
- 7. Nazi policies and their impact
- Unit 4. Mao and China: 8. Emergence of an authoritarian state in China
- 9. Consolidating and maintaining power
- 10. Mao's policies and their impact
- Unit 5. Castro and Cuba: 11. Emergence of an authoritarian state in Cuba
- 12. Consolidating and maintaining power
- 13. Castro's policies and their impact
- Unit 6. Exam practice
- Further Information
Latest newsAll news
29 August 2019
Unlocking science for English language learners, part three
Top tips to help your learners improve their scientific vocabulary.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×