- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Mary Jones, Richard Fosbery, Jennifer Gregory, Dennis Taylor
- Available from: September 2017
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Fully revised and updated content matching the Cambridge International AS & A Level Biology syllabus (9700).
Send a Query×
Written by highly experienced teachers and authors, the Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition provides an enriched learning experience to help develop the key skills needed for the course, including: auto-marked formative assessment quizzes at the end of each chapter that allow learners to track progress; detailed, tailored feedback is provided for incorrect answers highlighting common misconceptions, ensuring constant learning opportunities. Carefully selected animated videos are included to aid learner's understanding of tough scientific concepts, bringing the syllabus content to life. In addition to the animations, thorough worked examples help learners tackle complex content in a step by step way. Each of our Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions are device agnostic (meaning they work on Apple/Android OS (on the Elevate app) laptop/tablet/desktop PC or Mac) with a reflowable format that is responsive to customers’ devices*. This format also makes the content accessible for learners with print impairment.*mobile use is not supported.Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions are only available for Institution purchase. The price listed indicates price per licence.
Carefully selected animated videos to aid understanding of tough scientific concepts and bring the content to life.
Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to prepare thoroughly for their examinations.
Use of accessible language written with international learners in mind.
Customisable text sizes and fonts.
Readable on the majority of free-reading software tools.
Accompanying documents containing detailed answers to all questions in the book, and with advice on revision and approaching examinations.
- How to use this book
- 1. Cell structure
- 2. Biological molecules
- 3. Enzymes
- 4. Cell membranes and transport
- 5. The mitotic cell cycle
- 6. Nucleic acids and protein synthesis
- 7. Transport in plants
- 8. Transport in mammals
- 9. Gas exchange and smoking
- 10. Infectious diseases
- 11. Immunity
- P1. Practical skills for AS
- 12. Energy and respiration
- 13. Photosynthesis
- 14. Homeostasis
- 15. Coordination
- 16. Inherited change
- 17. Selection and evolution
- 18. Biodiversity, classification and conservation
- 19. Genetic technology
- P2. Planning, analysis and evaluation
- Appendix 1. Amino acid R groups
- Appendix 2. DNA and RNA triplet codes
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×