- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Roger Norris, Mike Wooster
- Available from: October 2018
Fully revised and updated content matching the Cambridge International AS & A Level Chemistry syllabus (9701).
Send a Query×
This workbook contains guided investigations and practice questions for Cambridge International AS & A Level Chemistry teachers and students. It provides opportunities to develop skills through practical investigation – planning, identifying equipment, creating hypotheses, recording results, analysing data, and evaluating. The workbook is ideal for teachers who find running practical experiments difficult due to lack of time, resources or support. Sample data- if students can’t do the experiments themselves- and answers to the questions are in the teacher’s guide.
Guided investigations provide opportunities for students to practise their practical skills.
The workbook contains help for teachers setting up practical investigations in the classroom. For more detailed support with planning and troubleshooting issues see the teacher’s guide.
Practice questions give students the chance to test their knowledge and help build confidence in preparation for assessment.
- Safety information
- Quick Skills
- 1. Masses, moles and atoms
- 2. Structure and bonding
- 3. Enthalpy changes: 4. Chemical reactions
- 5. Equilibrium
- 6. Rates of reaction
- 7. The properties of metals
- 8. The properties of non-metals
- 9. Hydrocarbons and halogenoalkenes
- 10. Organic compounds containing oxygen
- 11. More about enthalpy changes
- 12. Electrochemistry
- 13. Further aspects of equilibria
- 14. Reaction kinetics
- 15. Transition elements
- 16. More about organic chemistry
- 17. Identifying organic compounds.
Latest newsAll news
04 March 2019
Congratulations to our 2019 dedicated teachers
After 4,000 nominations from 75 countries, to 50 shortlisted entries and 6 finalists the public...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×