French mathematician Joseph Fourier's Théorie Analytique de la Chaleur was originally published in 1822. In this groundbreaking study, arguing that previous theories of mechanics advanced by such outstanding scientists as Archimedes, Galileo, Newton and their successors did not explain the laws of heat, Fourier set out to study the mathematical laws governing heat diffusion and proposed that an infinite mathematical series may be used to analyse the conduction of heat in solids: this is now known as the 'Fourier Series'. His work paved the way for modern mathematical physics. This book will be especially useful for mathematicians who are interested in trigonometric series and their applications, and it is reissued simultaneously with Alexander Freeman's English translation, The Analytical Theory of Heat, of 1878.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2009
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108001809
- length: 676 pages
- dimensions: 244 x 170 x 34 mm
- weight: 1.06kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Équations du mouvement de la chaleur
3. Propagation de la chaleur dans un solide rectangulaire infini
4. Du mouvement linéaire et varié de la chaleur dans une armille
5. De la propagation de la chaleur dans une sphère solide
6. Du mouvement de la chaleur dans un cylinder solide
7. Propagation de la chaleur dans un prisme rectangulaire
8. Du movement de la chaleur dans un cube solide
9. De la diffusion de la chaleur.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×