Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available on inspection
This is the second of eight volumes on the history of Greece, first published in 1836. The volumes were aimed at two audiences: those people who wanted more than a superficial knowledge of the subject, but did not have the time or means to study the original sources, and those who had access to the ancient authors, but required a guide or interpreter. The second volume considers the history of Attica to the expulsion of the Pisistratids, the Greek colonies, the progress of art and literature, the affairs of the Asiatic Greeks to 512 BCE, and events from the accession of Darius to the battles of Marathon and Salamis. The final chapter takes the history to the end of the Persian invasion. This book will be of interest to researchers and students of ancient history.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2010
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108012645
- length: 424 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 24 x 140 mm
- weight: 0.54kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
11. Civil history of Attica to the expulsion of the Pisistratids
12. The colonies of the Greeks, and the progress of art and literature from the Homeric age to the Persian war
13. Affairs of the Asiatic Greeks to the year B.C. 521
14. From the accession of Darius Hystaspis to the Battle of Marathon
15. From the Battle of Marathon to the Battle of Salamis
16. From the Battle of Salamis to the end of the Persian invasion
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×