Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available on inspection
Originally published in 1939, this book presents an account of the Zollverein's history and its role in the process of German unification. Whilst studies had been made of various episodes in its history, this was the first connected and fully documented study of the Zollverein to be published in English. A number of maps and appendices are also included. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in German history, economic history and the process of unification.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: October 2013
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107684287
- length: 392 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 140 x 22 mm
- weight: 0.5kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Germany in 1815
2. The establishment of three customs unions in Germany, 1815–28
3. The founding of the Zollverein, 1828–33
4. The Zollverein on trial, 1834–41
5. The Zollverein in the 'forties, 1842–7
6. The first Zollverein crisis, 1848–53
7. The Zollverein in the 'fifties, 1854–9
8. The second Zollverein crisis, 1860–5
9. The old Zollverein and the new, 1866–88
Appendix 1. Approximate equivalents of German money, weights and measures at the time of the Zollverein
Appendix 2. Punctuation
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×