- Format:Mixed media product
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Paul Long, Sarah Lawrey, Victoria Ellis
- Available from: No date available
This series is for the Cambridge International AS & A Level IT syllabus (9626) for examination from 2019.
Send a Query×
Developed by an experienced author and examiner team and written for the international learner, this coursebook provides a clear and comprehensive guide to assist students as they develop their theoretical and practical IT skills. It contains worked examples and detailed explanations of theoretical and practical concepts which are reinforced with exercises and discussion point activities. Practical tasks are offered throughout the book, with source files on the accompanying CD-ROM, to help students build and develop their practical knowledge. Answers are at the back of the book.
Comprehensive coverage of theoretical and practical aspects of information technology to give clear understanding of concepts and techniques.
There is a wealth of opportunities to practise and consolidate skills through exercises, review questions and extension tasks. Source files for tasks are found on the accompanying CD-ROM.
The Discussion Point feature encourages deeper understanding through articulating and reasoning concepts with peers.
Answers are at the back of the book for self-assessment.
- 1. Data, information, knowledge and processing
- 2. Hardware and software
- 3. Monitoring and control
- 4. E-safety and health and safety
- 5. The digital divide
- 6. Using networks
- 7. Expert systems
- 8. Spreadsheets
- 9. Database and file concepts
- 10. Sound and video editing
- 11. Emerging technologies
- 12. The role and impact of ICT
- 13. Networks
- 14. Project management
- 15. System life cycle
- 16. Graphics creation
- 17. Animation
- 18. Mail merge
- 19. Programming for the web
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×