- English Language Learning
- Communicative Activities for EAP
Communicative Activities for EAP
Do you need to supplement an EAP course with fun, interactive activities that address the serious aspirations of academically-focussed students?
Communicative Activities for EAP provides innovative EAP teaching ideas suitable for a wide range of contexts. This is an invaluable handbook for new, experienced or relief teachers of language support programmes, as well as for those teaching intensive language courses for undergraduate and postgraduate students in EFL and ESL/EAL contexts.
The key principles of communication in the classroom, authenticity in terms of tasks and texts, learner autonomy, and critical thinking and analysis underpin all the activities, and typical academic topics are used as examples in every case. For ease of access, the activities are organised into six chapters: Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, Vocabulary development and Grammar.
The accompanying CD-ROM contains a bank of print-ready photocopiable material.
- There are activities for students at three levels, from Intermediate to Advanced.
- A broad and relevant range of academic topics is covered, and activities are organized within these topics.
- This title offers practice in speaking, listening, reading and writing, plus grammar and vocabulary.
- A large number of micro-skills particularly relevant to EAP, such as note-taking, referencing and presentation skills, is explored.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
A Teachers Guide to Interference and other Problems
A practical reference guide to help teachers to predict and understand the problems their students have.Authors: Michael Swan, Bernard Smith
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×