This is an exposition of the analytic theory of continued fractions in the complex domain with emphasis on applications and computational methods.
Reviews & endorsements
Review of the hardback: 'The first comprehensive and self-contained exposition of the analytic theory of continued fractions in over twenty years'. American Mathematical Monthly
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2009
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521101523
- length: 460 pages
- dimensions: 234 x 156 x 24 mm
- weight: 0.64kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Elementary Properties of Continued Fractions
3. Continued Fractions
4. Convergence of Continued Fractions
5. Methods for Representing Analytic Functions by Continued Fractions
6. Representations of Analytic Functions by Continued Fractions
7. Types of Corresponding Continued Fractions and Related Algorithms
8. Truncation-Error Analysis
9. Asymptotic Expansions and Moment Problems
10. Numerical Stability in Evaluating Continued Fractions
11. Application of Continued Fractions to Birth-Death Processes
12. Miscellaneous Results.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×