- Format:Mixed media product
- Subject(s):English as a Second Language
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Katia Carter, Tim Carter
- Available from: November 2017
This book supports students preparing for Cambridge International Examinations IGCSE English as a Second Language (0510 / 0511 / 0991).
Send a Query×
The full-colour exam preparation and practice book contains four guided practice tests, audio and video to build confidence ready for the revised exam from 2019. It takes an active learning approach with a test-teach-test methodology. This encourages students to think about how they are developing language skills, helping them progress. Full sample answers with examiner comments and grades are included to help students understand what is required in the writing and speaking exams. This is part of the Cambridge IGCSE ESL toolbox of resources – the widest choice of resources for this qualification.
Four scaffolded practice exams help students build language skills and confidence. The tests prepare students with exam awareness, strategies and practice.
Downloadable video of mock oral examinations with international students and examiners helps learners understand what to expect in the real exam.
Students can practise listening skills at home with audio CDs.
Sample answers, examiner comments and grades help students understand what success looks like.
Full colour and easy to use.
Written by expert examiners and current teachers.
- How to use the book
- Section 1: How much do you already know about the Reading and Writing exam
- Exam strategies for the Reading and Writing exam
- Language focus on the Reading and Writing exam
- Test yourself: the Reading and Writing exam
- Section 2: How much do you already know about the Listening exam
- Exam strategies for the Listening exam
- Language focus on the Listening exam
- Test yourself: the Listening exam
- Section 3: How much do you already know about the Speaking exam
- Exam strategies for the Speaking exam
- Language focus on the Speaking exam
- Test yourself
- the Speaking exam
- Exam at-a-glance and Weighting of papers
- Simplified Writing & Speaking grading criteria
- Answer key
- Audio transcripts
Found 1 results
- File name
- File size
- Exam Prep Audio
- Zip Archive
Latest newsAll news
24 May 2019
Surprises about top performing education systems
What does teaching look like in Finland, Canada, Singapore, Japan and China?
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×