Originally published in 1911, this book was created in response to perceived attempts to undermine the practices of the English Communion Office. In response, the text indicates the defects and potential for amendment in the Office, whilst defending it from charges of insufficiency. During this process, attention is confined to the Canon as the essential part of the Office. Appendices and an index section are also included. This is a concise, yet informative, book that will be of value to anyone with an interest in theology, Church history and the debates surrounding Communion.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2013
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107646254
- length: 164 pages
- dimensions: 203 x 127 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.19kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. The scripture narratives
2. Early references and accounts
3. The eastern liturgies
4. The western liturgies
5. The first prayer book of Edward VI
6. Our present office
7. The separation of the intercession from the consecration
8. Absence of explicit invocation
9. The separation of the Eucharistic act from the commemoration of the institution, and the absence of thanksgiving for redemption
10. The omission, or transference of the great oblation, and its form
11. The position of the communicants' preparation
12. Absence of explicit prayer for the departed in the intercession
13. Verbal oblation of the elements
14. General conclusions
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×