- Format:Mixed media product
- Author(s):Davion Leslie, Kathleen Singh
- Available from: March 2011
For students following courses leading to the Principles of Business for CSEC examination.
Send a Query×
Principles of Business for CSEC® Examinations with CD-ROM offers comprehensive coverage of the Principles of Business for CSEC® syllabus including the School-based Assessment component of the examination. The book guides students through the syllabus content using a wide range of case studies from across the Caribbean. Written in accessible language and presented in full-colour throughout, the book contains a variety of questions and practice materials encouraging students to engage meaningfully with the content.Concepts are presented in an accessible way without losing their core meaning. Each section has its own summary and activities and interspersed throughout the book are numerous opportunities for students to interact with the content in meaningful ways as they reflect on what they read. The accompanying CD-ROM includes a bank of multiple-choice questions with answers provided.For more information and to purchase your Caribbean resources, go to our How to order page.Mac users please note that CD-ROMS don't autostart when used with Macs they will need to be started manually. If you have any queries please visit our customer support page or contact customer services.
- 1. From then to now
- 1.1 The barter system and money
- 1.2 The organisation of modern economies
- 1.3 Business in the private sector
- 2. Modern forms of business
- 2.1 Private and public limited companies
- 2.2 Conglomerates, multinationals and franchises
- 2.3 The public sector
- 3. The business as a unit in a community
- 3.1 The business as a unit
- 3.2 Organisational chart
- 3.3 Leadership and conflict
- 4. Community, information and the business plan
- 4.1 Communication and MIS
- 4.2 Entrepreneurship
- 5. Contracts, insurance and business documents
- 5.1 Contracts
- 5.2 Business documents and insurance
- 6. Production
- 6.1 The factors of production
- 6.2 Putting the factors of production to work
- 7. Marketing
- 7.1 The marketing mix
- 7.2 Beyond the marketing mix
- 8. Price determination
- 8.1 Demand and supply
- 8.2 Models of price determination
- 9. Financing the business venture
- 9.1 Banking
- 9.2 Government and taxation
- 10. Social accounting and economic institutions
- 10.1 Social accounting
- 10.2 Economic institutions in the Caribbean
- 11. School-based assessment and optional paper.
Latest newsAll news
18 May 2020
TOK-bite video 2: teaching the new core theme 'Knowledge and the Knower'
We take a closer look at why the IB has introduced the new theme and...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×