- English Language Learning
- Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary 18th Edition
Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary
The 18th edition of Daniel Jones's classic work is the definitive guide to contemporary English pronunciation.
This new and fully updated edition contains over 230,000 pronunciations of words, names and phrases. In addition, it includes lively essays on aspects of pronunciation by leading experts in the field, a phonetics and phonology glossary and notes explaining the relationship between spellings and sounds.
- Over 80,000 entries and 215,000 pronunciations using the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Includes proper names as well as general vocabulary.
- CD-ROM and online version include spoken pronunciations in British and American English.
- Panels give information on sounds and phonetics terminology.
- CD-ROM includes exercises, pronunciation pronunciation practice, and phonetic search facility for comparing sounds.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary
Reference Book with CD-ROM
The Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond.English Type: American English
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×