A Course in Cosmology From Theory to Practice
This new graduate textbook adopts a pedagogical approach to contemporary cosmology that enables readers to build an intuitive understanding of theory and data, and of how they interact, which is where the greatest advances in the field are currently being made. Using analogies, intuitive explanations of complex topics, worked examples and computational problems, the book begins with the physics of the early universe, and goes on to cover key concepts such as inflation, dark matter and dark energy, large‑scale structure,…
- Add bookmark
- Computationally oriented with integrated coverage of data-analysis topics and dedicated computational problems, ensuring students are familiar with numerical techniques
- Pedagogical approach with boxed worked examples helps students better understand complex topics and crucial points
- Advanced material is separated from the rest of the text, offering instructors the flexibility to incorporate topics as relevant to their course
- Intermediate coverage at the lower-graduate level fills a gap in a market which offers a number of textbooks that are either introductory, or highly specialised
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781009070232
- Subjects Astrophysics,Cosmology and General Relativity,Physics and Astronomy
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 18 May 2023
- ISBN: 9781316513590
- Dimensions (mm): 253 x 203 mm
- Weight: 1.24kg
- Page extent: 436 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 31 March 2023
- ISBN: 9781009070232
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.