A History of the Global Economy
1500 to the Present
Why are some parts of the world poor today, while others are rich? At which point in time did they diverge, and what were the reasons? These core questions are addressed in a concise and accessible introduction to global economic development since 1500. Leading economic historians from across the globe provide overviews of major world regions together with global comparison chapters and case studies highlighting key themes, individuals, processes and events. Utilising a set of common developmental indicators, the chapters…
- Add bookmark
- A concise and accessible introduction to global economic development since 1500
- Features an author team of leading experts in economic history across the globe
- Richly interspersed with a range of pedagogical features such as case studies, figures, maps, tables and charts
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781316221839
- Subjects Economic History,Global History,History
- Format: Paperback
- Publication date: 05 April 2016
- ISBN: 9781107507180
- Dimensions (mm): 247 x 174 mm
- Weight: 0.77kg
- Contains: 69 b/w illus. 19 maps 22 tables
- Page extent: 380 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 28 May 2018
- ISBN: 9781316221839
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
AI generated results by UNSILO
The Economic History of China
Online publication date: 05 March 2016