Finite Element Method for Solids and Structures
A Concise Approach
This innovative approach to teaching the finite element method blends theoretical, textbook-based learning with practical application using online and video resources. This hybrid teaching package features computational software such as MATLAB®, and tutorials presenting software applications such as PTC Creo Parametric, ANSYS APDL, ANSYS Workbench and SolidWorks, complete with detailed annotations and instructions so students can confidently develop hands-on experience. Suitable for senior undergraduate and graduate level classes, students will transition seamlessly between mathematical models and practical commercial software problems,…
- Add bookmark
- Balances textbook-based theory of the finite element method with in-depth exercises in code implementation and software-based analysis online to prepare students for the workplace
- Beginning with fundamentals, such as the governing equations for simple structural systems, guides students to understanding how mathematics can be applied to the development of finite element formulations
- MATLAB® program files provided online for many sample exercise problems, helping students to understand the finite element method without having to code from scratch
- Tutorial videos with detailed annotations and instructions provide students with self-guided learning using commercial software packages, empowering them to perform sophisticated analyses and build practical experience using industry-accepted tools
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108683982
- Subjects Engineering,Engineering Mathematics and Programming,Solid Mechanics and Materials
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 01 July 2021
- ISBN: 9781108497091
- Dimensions (mm): 246 x 189 mm
- Weight: 0.91kg
- Page extent: 366 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 08 July 2021
- ISBN: 9781108683982
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
Introduction to the Finite Element Method and Implementation with MATLAB®
Online publication date: 09 December 2020
Hardback publication date: 10 September 2020
Finite Elements for Engineers with Ansys Applications
Online publication date: 13 September 2020
Hardback publication date: 20 August 2020
Dynamics of Multibody Systems
Online publication date: 14 September 2020
Hardback publication date: 09 April 2020
Powered by UNSILO