Foundations of Astrophysics
Foundations of Astrophysics provides a contemporary and complete introduction to astrophysics for astronomy and physics majors. With a logical presentation and conceptual and quantitative end-of-chapter problems, the material is accessible to introductory astrophysics students taking a two-semester survey course. Starting with the motions of the solar system and a discussion of the interaction of matter and light, the authors explore the physical nature of objects in the solar system, and the exciting new field of exoplanets. The second half of…
- Add bookmark
- Presents thorough discussions of the major topics in an informal, but clear and concise style that makes it ideal as an introduction to astrophysics for physical science majors
- No background knowledge of astronomy is assumed, and rigor is carefully introduced, allowing students to develop an understanding without being overwhelmed by mathematics
- Explains interesting connections between different fields of astrophysics and real-life applications that will engage students and put the ideas into context
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108933001
- Subjects Astrophysics,General Astronomy,Physics and Astronomy
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 01 October 2020
- ISBN: 9781108831956
- Dimensions (mm): 246 x 189 mm
- Weight: 1.49kg
- Contains: 16 colour illus.
- Page extent: 610 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 18 September 2020
- ISBN: 9781108933001
Check your access to the full version of this content by using one of the options below.
Log in with Open Athens, Shibboleth, or your institutional credentialsLog in
If you have previously obtained access using your personal accountLog in
Already purchased an access code?
You must be logged into your account in order to be able to activate an access code.Log in
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.