General Principles of the European Convention on Human Rights
The European Convention on Human Rights is one of the world's most important and influential human rights documents. It owes its value mainly to the European Court of Human Rights, which applies the Convention rights in individual cases. This book offers a clear insight into the concepts and principles that are key to understanding the European Convention and the Court's case-law. It explains how the Court generally approaches the many cases brought before it and which tools help it to…
- Add bookmark
- Explains all relevant substantive concepts and principles of ECHR law in a coherent and understandable fashion to enable students to apply them in their professional work
- Uses many examples of the Court's case-law to illustrate the relevance and meaning of the various general principles and concepts and to help students appreciate its practical applicability
- Shows how the ECHR is also relevant to private law cases and contains many aspects of socio-economic rights, enabling students to see the ECHR's application in various fields of law, such as employment law or sustainability law
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108652926
- Subjects European Law,Human Rights,Law
- Format: Paperback
- Publication date: 16 May 2019
- ISBN: 9781108718288
- Dimensions (mm): 246 x 189 mm
- Weight: 0.62kg
- Page extent: 274 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 19 March 2019
- ISBN: 9781108652926
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
International Human Rights Law and Practice
Online publication date: 30 November 2020
Paperback publication date: 18 June 2020
International Law and Cannabis II
Online publication date: 09 November 2019
Human Rights in a Positive State
Online publication date: 15 December 2017
Powered by UNSILO