A Person-centred Approach
Mental Health: A person-centred approach adopts an all-encompassing approach to engaging with, responding to and supporting people with mental illness and substance abuse. This substantially updated second edition incorporates the latest mental health research, including a new chapter focusing on psychotropic medications, while retaining the strong narrative approach of the first edition. Readers are encouraged to connect theory, practice and the lived experiences of consumers and carers. The diverse range of consumer and carer perspectives enhances readers' understanding of the…
- Add bookmark
- Covers a broad range of topics, providing students with a comprehensive understanding and encouraging best practice
- Adopts a person-centred, strengths-based approach that is supported by personal narratives from both consumers and carers
- Connects theory with practice through highly effective pedagogy
- Includes exciting new chapters on psychotropic medications and e-mental health that prepare students for the future of the profession
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781316718278
- Subjects Health and Medicine,Psychiatry,Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology
- Format: Print/online bundle
- Publication date: 22 September 2017
- ISBN: 9781316620205
- Dimensions (mm): 255 x 190 mm
- Weight: 0.89kg
- Contains: 11 colour illus.
- Page extent: 434 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 06 August 2018
- ISBN: 9781316718278
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.