Modern Classical Mechanics
In this modern and distinctive textbook, Helliwell and Sahakian present classical mechanics as a thriving and contemporary field with strong connections to cutting-edge research topics in physics. Each part of the book concludes with a capstone chapter describing various key topics in quantum mechanics, general relativity, and other areas of modern physics, clearly demonstrating how they relate to advanced classical mechanics, and enabling students to appreciate the central importance of classical mechanics within contemporary fields of research. Numerous and detailed…
- Add bookmark
- Capstone chapters at the end of each part relate advanced classical mechanics to contemporary topics in modern physics, encouraging students to consider the relevance of mechanics in their own future research careers
- Numerous homework problems and detailed examples are interspersed throughout the text, as students often learn theoretical concepts best through practical application
- Fully worked solutions to all problems in the text and lecture slides to be used with the book, are included in an online instructors' manual
- Finalist, 2021 PROSE Award for Chemistry and Physics
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108874687
- Subjects Classical Physics,Engineering,Engineering: General Interest,Physics and Astronomy
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 21 January 2021
- ISBN: 9781108834971
- Dimensions (mm): 246 x 189 mm
- Weight: 1.66kg
- Page extent: 704 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 30 November 2020
- ISBN: 9781108874687
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
Dynamics of Multibody Systems
Online publication date: 14 September 2020
Hardback publication date: 09 April 2020
Fundamentals of Geophysics
Online publication date: 30 November 2020
Hardback publication date: 13 February 2020
Paperback publication date: 13 February 2020
Powered by UNSILO