Origins, Processes, Consequences
Presenting a global and interdisciplinary approach to plant ecology, this much-awaited new edition of the book Plants and Vegetation integrates classical themes with the latest ideas, models, and data. Keddy draws on extensive teaching experience to bring the field to life, guiding students through essential concepts with numerous real-world examples and full-colour illustrations throughout. The chapters begin by presenting the wider picture of the origin of plants and their impact on the Earth, before exploring the search for global patterns…
- Add bookmark
- Written in a lively and engaging style by an experienced teacher, guiding students through essential concepts with numerous real-world examples and full-colour illustrations throughout
- Emphasizes unifying, underlying principles and processes, encouraging students to explore and discover more about this fascinating field
- Detailed further reading lists and study questions within each chapter reinforce learning for both undergraduate and graduate students
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781316321270
- Subjects Ecology and Conservation,Life Sciences,Plant Sciences
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 17 April 2017
- ISBN: 9781107114234
- Dimensions (mm): 246 x 189 mm
- Weight: 1.53kg
- Contains: 187 b/w illus. 192 colour illus. 64 tables 89 exercises
- Page extent: 624 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 19 January 2021
- ISBN: 9781316321270
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.