Quantum Mechanics A Paradigms Approach
This popular undergraduate quantum mechanics textbook is now available in a more affordable printing from Cambridge University Press. Unlike many other books on quantum mechanics, this text begins by examining experimental quantum phenomena such as the Stern-Gerlach experiment and spin measurements, using them as the basis for developing the theoretical principles of quantum mechanics. Dirac notation is developed from the outset, offering an intuitive and powerful mathematical toolset for calculation, and familiarizing students with this important notational system. This non-traditional…
- Add bookmark
- Focuses on modern experimental quantum mechanics, immersing the reader in current research trends and developing an intuitive understanding of the subject
- Develops understanding and fluency of Dirac and matrix notation, giving students access to a powerful mathematical toolset
- Fully worked examples, homework problems, and interactive simulations enhance the book's pedagogical value
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781009310598
- Subjects Mathematical Physics,Physics and Astronomy,Quantum Physics and Quantum Information
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 03 November 2022
- ISBN: 9781009310611
- Dimensions (mm): 253 x 203 mm
- Weight: 1.57kg
- Page extent: 590 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 11 February 2023
- ISBN: 9781009310598
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
Introduction to Quantum Mechanics David J. Griffiths Darrell F. Schroeter3rd edition
Online publication date: 12 September 2018
Hardback publication date: 16 August 2018
Quantum Mechanics Arjun Berera Luigi Del Debbio
Online publication date: 19 November 2021
Hardback publication date: 21 October 2021
Quantum Mechanics with Concept Maps Michael Wick
Online publication date: 07 September 2023
Paperback publication date: 21 September 2023
AI generated results by Discovery for publishers [opens in a new window]
Foundations of Modern Physics
Online publication date: 22 April 2021
Conquering the Physics GRE
Online publication date: 16 February 2018
The Physics of Energy
Online publication date: 16 August 2019
Hardback publication date: 12 February 2018